Friday, 24 August 2012

P.A.S.T


As I’m about to write, I search for words to represent these letters and I got something divine that made me burst out in tongues. Paid And Settled Totally. Halleluyah!

What is it about the word anyway? I mean, why is it that when it is mentioned the thing that first comes to mind is some despicable act? (I admit the thought crosses my mind and I’m seriously praying to eradicate the pattern). I like to think the past generally refers to something old that we do not want to relate with / to anymore. Something we would rather forget and sometimes pretend never happened.

Beloved, we need not pretend it never happened. Whatever is past is past; that means yesterday, gone, unrecoverable, paid IN FULL by our precious saviour. There’s a saying that everyone has a past (not inclusive of babies, I hope). Physically speaking, yes, but I understand from the Word that there are people who have no past, people who are as new born babies – those who are in Christ. You’ve got to believe this because it’s true. Let it sink into your spirit because it’s a spiritual knowledge.

You are only held captive by your thinking the past transcends into your future. Very wrong! Besides, who are you to pay for your transgressions? Have you not seen it in Acts 13:39 that “through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from…”? You couldn’t possibly save yourself if you tried. Even Jesus who bore the weight of the world’s sin got to a point He felt like passing it over. But we know that didn’t happen. The only wise thing to do is let it go and move on. So long as you’re in Christ, you’re a new person.

It took me years to grasp this truth (though I’m still unravelling it). So I kept making the same mistakes. And that’s what happens to some of us when we don’t believe God’s Word concerning us; we keep going back to vomits (yuck!). He tells us He blots out our transgressions for his own name’s sake.

Ok, if you don’t believe you’re a new person in Christ Jesus, take a look at Mary Magdalene from whom seven demons had come out. How? She encountered Jesus and guess what? She ended up being the first person and woman at that to see the true resurrected Christ. Halleluyah!
I tell you, you can yet make a fabulous history for yourself.

Let’s also consider these women who were not ‘considered’ fit for royalty;

Rahab – the woman of easy virtue. But she did what some of us professing Christians wouldn’t do. She provided a safe haven for God’s people even though they were spies.

Ruth – from Moab aka idolaters. But she obeyed and served, and ended up better than she started.

Bathsheba – some might blame her for having a bath in full glare (thereby making King David stumble and fall hard). But something good came out of her.

Just wait, the most amazing read about these women is this; they were the only three mentioned in the lineage of Christ (besides Mary). Glory to God! Can you just imagine? How do we equate their pasts with their futures? Absolutely impossible! God is fantastic!

Something good came out of these women – Jesus.

Alright, I seem to be gravitating toward women’s matter a lot. There was this terrible King of Judah one time, mean to the core. He practiced witchcraft, divination and the like, even sacrificed his own sons to lifeless gods (you can see there’s nothing new under the sun). This guy was totally debased.

Mr Manasseh is his name. Then God allowed his enemies take him into captivity and his eyes were opened. He remembered God and cried out for mercy, humbled himself, and guess what, again?

This same God forgave him and further re-instated him. Ha! What kind of God is this?

Perhaps you’re in Christ and going through some things you regard as punishment, like King David when he erred, you can rest assured knowing it is all for your good and you can still go before the throne of grace and obtain mercy. One writer puts it this way, “the mercy of God does not eliminate justice, but when He chooses, His mercy could be made to override justice”.

So if you think it’s over for you, think again. If God could forgive these people even when Jesus had not manifested in the flesh, how much more you whom He shed His precious blood for?
Don’t you dare waste His blood.

He says “I, the Lord, invite you to come and talk it over. Your sins are scarlet red, but they will be whiter than snow or wool”.

Selah!

BL, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment