His story had no preamble. I mean, when I
was reading about him the book just said he was from so and so place, and he
said there should be no rain…but I’m more interested in the fact that the guy
spoke and his word held ground. He wasn’t the Messiah or anything, in fact when
I read further the book said he was a man of ‘like passions’ – simply put, he
was a regular guy; just like you and me. But he made a difference in his
lifetime.
Another story comes to mind of a couple of
guys from this same book. These guys literally had nothing going for them; nobody
in their right senses wanted to associate with them because they were ridden
with a dreaded disease.
One day, out of hunger these guys
determined to break out from their limitation notwithstanding the huge risk
involved. So they made a plan to go into enemy territory to get food, and that
was how they saved not only themselves, but a whole nation from seven years of ‘hunger
strike’. They decided, they acted, and they impacted. That’s why I could read
about them anyway.
Ok, maybe all these seem like big stuff.
Read this last one about a woman; the book says she was full of good works, always
helping other people, giving alms... now, the book didn’t say she had all the
resources in the world o, just that she was a believer.
Then one day she died. Even after they had
dressed her for burial they couldn’t let her go. Her death was so painful they
couldn’t accept it, fortunately for them they heard that a man who could do
miraculous things was in the area. They called on him to bring her back to
life, and that he did.
Do you think they would have thought twice
about burying the woman if she hadn’t made any difference in their lives? Do
you think these guys possessed some special power(s) to be able to do the
things they did? Do you have to be super-duper to make a difference in
someone’s life? Do you have to be well known to impact your world? (Remember
the diseased guys. Ok, I admit they were known for their disease). How do you
think the stories would have ended if these folks hadn’t made any difference in
their lifetime? Would we have even heard about them?
It is probably that thing you have that you
think is not good enough that God wants to use to bless others. Let yourself go
for God. Elijah, the four lepers, and Tabitha did. So what’s stopping you?
As for me, I don’t want to stand before God
and give Him excuses on why I didn’t impact as many lives as I had opportunity
to in my lifetime.
Selah!
BL, August 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment