Monday, 22 October 2012



SUITABLE HELP-MEET

“I will make a helper suitable for him” – NIV
“I will make a helper who is just right for him” – NLT
“I will make him a helper (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him” - AMP
“I need to make a suitable partner for him” – CEV
Gen. 2:18b

SUITABLE          -      suited to one’s end or purpose
-          consistent with prevailing or accepted standards or circumstances
-          satisfying certain requirements, as for selection
SUITABLE          convenient, fit, tailor-made, useful, right

The more I read and ponder this verse of scripture, the deeper my thoughts run. Could it be God is saying?

Sirs,
“My boy, you’re a great guy. I made you to look exactly like me, and to head certain territories while sojourning on earth. One of those territories is marriage, that’s why I made this (special) someone for you. I made her with you in mind, and I’m giving her to you to help you. She fits your life’s work PERFECTLY (do note that she is not perfect; I intentionally made her so. Her perfection comes from coupling and joining with you). 

She fits you like a piece of puzzle. She knows and accepts your idiosyncrasies, not because she likes them but because I’ve specially made her to tolerate them/you (trust me no other woman will put up with that and still live happily with you).

So son, you can’t just up and get hooked with just any woman; even though I made ALL women.
Back to the point, this woman I made for you will stick with you through thick and thin because she realizes and accepts that you’re in it together. In fact, she’ll be a source of great encouragement to you in those trying times.

This one won’t try to change you. Rather, she’ll accept you just the way you are, getting to understand you in the process, and ask me to help her deal with you (don’t be scared now, I’m talking about those gray areas causing her stress).

Treat her nicely if you want Me to answer your prayers.

All in all, I’m just telling you there’s a daughter of mine TAILOR MADE for you”.

Could it be that God is saying?

‘Mas’,
“My girl, you’re such a darling, the apple of my eyes. You are precious in my sight, so precious I am handing you over to a son of mine. You are his suitable helpmeet.

Let me break it down for you:
You are a natural help-meet  ‘cos I formed you to be a helper, but you’re not a/the right helper for ALL men; even though I made them.

Now, because you are fit for your Adam, you will bring goodness into his life. You are his anchor. Do you know that if you agree with him about anything, I can and will make it happen?

See my dear girl; I’ve given you so much power to use to help my man (your husby). So it depends on how much you are willing to expend on his behalf. I gave you to him to bring progress into his life. You are to respect him ‘cos he’s your king here on earth (but remember I AM your one and only King for life).

My girl, I need you to understand that whatever you say about your husband (good or bad) will happen.

It is because of you he finds favour in my sight. You are a good thing to him, you are to lift him up not bring him down.

You know he’s your head so conduct yourself appropriately and be content ‘cos I don’t want to hear him reporting unbecoming news about you to me. Otherwise, I’ll deal with you, and your husby won’t like it ‘cos it will affect him too.

Elevate your man! Besides Jesus, it is you that I look at sometimes before I bless him. Don’t joke with him. Treat him very well. Give him food (healthy diets). Don’t deny him the niceties of your warmth in the secret places.

This is your job as a TAILOR MADE!

Do these and watch me surprise you (both)”.

P.S – could this really be what God is telling?  Of course these are few thoughts, but I believe so. Whether married or single, if we all went into marriage with this mind-set we’re sure to have a glorious one. Jesus wants to give us the best yet; all we have to do is get and stay connected to him.

Selah!

BL, September 2012
09:21 pm. Saturday, 20


1 comment:

  1. What a nice piece on marriage! Marriage is not about 'right or wrong' but all about caring forgiving, giving and adapting!. As no one is perfect but we are encourage by the word of God to work towards perfection which is possible ONLY in Christ!
    To all those who are experiencing challenges and going through trials in their union , i say 'hold on and dont give up'!
    It can only get better!
    Adesoji-Moses

    ReplyDelete